Saturday, November 4th, the date for this year’s Extra Life push, is fast approaching. The Unholy Alliance / Wookiee Mistake community will be hosting an all-day marathon of events, starting with a mixer at 10:00 AM US Central time in an effort to make our $2000 goal for Extra Life this year, which benefits the Children’s Miracle Network of Hospitals.
Our events will start shortly after the mixer, the very first of which (10:30 AM CDT) will be an event I designed: The Fort Tusken Grand Prix (special thanks to Larry Everett, writer of The Hyperspace Beacon, for suggesting the name). The basic idea is a speeder race against time rather than a number of laps the way we usually do speeder race events (the winner will be the one who makes the most distance within the given time allotment).
But there will be obstacles! You didn’t expect this to be easy, right? It’s not a matter of winning so much as losing the least! A handful of Tusken Raiders will be firing upon the racers, trying to knock them off their speeders -and racers themselves can try to slow each other down by chea- I mean, “employing creative tactics” and knocking each other off their speeders. (Hey, you ask Sechari to design a speeder race, chea- *cough* I mean “creative tactics”is what you’re going to get…)
See Jessie’s very gifted promo video for the event here:
- The event will start at 10:30 AM CDT with rules to be announced and a race time given at the start of the event.
- Racers are allowed to run on any mount they choose.
- Racers are limited to speeder 3 or lower. Racers may not use the speeder 4 or 5 unlocks.
- Racers cannot be grouped in any way with other racers.
- Giradda the Hutt is pleased to announce that a little DPS to make life challenging for the other racers is encouraged, but racers are disqualified for killing fellow participants.
- The starting line is the small cliff dropdown in the upper East side of the Outlaw’s Den on Tatooine, so racers will line up at the top. (I suggest having the Outlaw’s Den quick-travel unlocked to go there quickly from the kickoff mixer).
- Once the race starts, racers will hug the left wall, moving clockwise around the outer perimeter of the Outlaw’s Den, veering to the right when they see the rib-bones at the southern exit so that they stay racing around the inside of the Outlaw’s Den perimeter. (See the demo video below).
- A lap completes every time a racer drops down the little cliff we used for the starting line.
- The winner will be the racer who has completed the most distance when the timer expires.
- Prizes are as follows:
- First: TBA
- Second: TBA
- Third: TBA
Please see the demo video below for course details: